Friday, September 25, 2009

Why?



Two days ago I had a shock that would or will change my life forever, even without knowing it. Now what happened exactly, I can’t tell, but it all takes me to the idea of pictures?
Pictures.
We always take photos of places, friends, people, nature; anything we want to remember, to keep in our memory box, but is it the only reason we take pictures?
Could it be because the moment was too beautiful to spare a shot? I don’t know, everyone can interpret the reason however they please, but sometimes I feel that we take pictures because we know and we fear that this moment might not or will not happen again.
Going back to pictures.
You always took pictures of places you knew you might not visit again, of people you feel you might not meet again, and of moments you wish to save forever. Though, I need to drop a question, how often do you picture family member?
Why picture friends, every place, outing, visited country, whatever, and not family member as much? When I answered this question, I felt sad!  Now, many of you might disagree, but this is how the case is with me. The feeling that they will always be here living with me, by my side, made me miss how beautiful is to capture an innocent smile on my sisters face, a sweet laughter in my mom’s eyes, or even video a family gathering and every bit of it, like we do during conferences among friends. For instance, I just wish I took so many pictures of my grandfather instead of feeling so attached to the only two pictures that I still have of him today. Now that I know that one family member might be seriously ill   am making plans of how to take more pictures with him and create a whole memory to live with after him…
Why is it that when we feel it’s the end of things, that we try to fix things and create something meaningful?           
Do you get the picture?

No comments: